Hard working Year 11s loose out to talented Dunclug – Thursday 2nd February

The Year 11 footballers produced a hard working performance against a talented Dunclug side in their bid to make the Mid Antrim Cup final. Playing into the wind in the first half caused plenty of problems for Jamie Neeson’s men, and they soon paid the price when goalkeeper Jack McAtamney was beaten after fifteen minutes. One became two when an outrageous kick from the right wing looped into the top corner, one that even Mr Surgenor would have been proud of. This left an uphill struggle in the second half. Despite a truly spirited and disciplined performance, in particular Calan McFall and Thomas McAuley, the lads could not take any of their chances and in the closing stages Dunclug finished the game with a great individual goal.

Year 11 succumb to Slemish defeat – Wednesday 16th November

It was a case of so near yet so far for our Year 11 football team against Slemish College. Despite a very commanding and encouraging display by Jamie Neeson’s team they could not finish their chances of which they had plenty. A rasping effort by Adam Steele struck the cross bar in the first half whilst Neeson, Kyle McGrath and Tori-Lee Jackson all missed guilt edged opportunities throughout. At 1-0 down at half time the boys put in another superb shift in the second half. Despite going down to another goal, the boys kept their cool and dug deep, eventually converting through vice-captain Jackson, a reward for the teams hard work. Man of the match: Calan McFall.

Year 11 unstuck in first match of season – Monday 26th September

The Year 11 football team took to the pitch against a talented St Patrick’s team in the first match of the new academic year. With a fresh approach to games this year it was hoped to start with a positive result. Unfortunately, despite a very disciplined display, Jamie Neeson’s team could not find a way to stop St Pat’s who ran out 5-1 winners in the end.

Regi Donnelly began in goals for the Pottinger Street men and put in a spirited display, making a number of well-timed stops to fend off the energetic and pacey opposition. Coming out in the second half two goals down, the locals knew that the next goal was crucial. Neeson and McAuley rallied up front and chances were created, with Neeson missing a guilt edged opportunity to pull a goal back. Eduardo was introduced in the second half to add some creativity, whilst Calan McFall pushed further forward in search of goal. Two quick counter attacks saw St Pat’s go four goals ahead before some neat work by Cameron Marks allowed Captain Neeson to slide home a consolation.

Plenty of positives from a game which just slipped away from them in the second half. With continued efforts their work should bring rewards in the next game against Slemish College. Man of the match versus St Patrick’s was Aaron McPeake.